I bought a nifty wee kit off the popular Ebay and it arrived today.
To make lip balms, all you basically need is the following ingredients (to make approx. 12 tubes):
4 oz carrier oil
30g pure beeswax
5 ml flavouring oil (I used apple)
- Place the beeswax into a jar and place this in a pot of hot water that is just gently simmering , not boiling.
- Stir now and again , and once the beeswax has started to melt a little, add the 4oz of carrier oil and mix at intervals.
- Once the beeswax has melted, lift out of the pot and set aside.
- Allow to cool slightly then add the flavouring oil, using a pipette.
- Mix thoroughly then pour into the empty lip balm tubes.
- Allow to cool thoroughly, then place caps on.
- Stick on some homemade labels and voila!!
|I used Safflower oil as the carrier oil but Jojoba/Sweet Almond oil is just as effective|
|I designed these labels from my own computer.|
|Here are the applied labels!!|
I used lip balm tubes but you can also get empty pots with lids at any good craft store or do a search on ebay. I will give these to friends and family - however, please note that if you are planning to sell these on at any scale in the UK or EU, you need to be aware of the legal side of selling handmade cosmetics and you most likely will require what is known as a Cosmetic Safety Assessment. (This is extremely important - please Google for further information)
What will you create today?